Dodge Hamtramck Plant Heat Treat Building #2 Description and Photos
This steel-framed rectangular building was constructed in two segments, the first designed by Smith., Hinchman & Grylls and erected in 1925, It measured 84 feet by 305 feet and had a gabled roof topped off with, a glass monitor to admit light. It was called the Cyanide Building in 1928, presumably because it held the cyanide furnaces previously housed in Heat Treat Building Number 1. An addition was built in 1953 on the south, wall of the existing building. It was a steel-framed rectangular building 18 feet wide and 338 feet long, with a gabled roof topped by a small clerestory.
HEAT TREAT BUILDING #2, NORTH ELEVATION, 1980
HEAT TREAT BUILDING #2, INTERIOR VIEW EAST, 1980
HEAT TREAT BUILDING #2, INTERIOR VIEW SOUTHWEST, 1980